In March of 2010, Intuit QuickBase launched it’s Team Leadership & Productivity Blog. The blog is now focused on helping team leaders learn how to be better leader and drive productivity within their group.
Before the launch; however, a lot of work went into the planning of the website. This included:
- Who is the target audience for the blog
- What are our business objectives
- Where would the new blog live?
- How will we use our social networks to promote the blog?
From Idea to Website
After these crucial business and marketing questions were answers, I stepped in to help turn the idea of a new blog into reality. With the business and marketing requirements in hand, I was left with the following questions on the technical side:
- Where in the website information architecture will this blog live?
- How will the blog maintain a unique identity, yet still feel like it belongs?
- What platform we will use to serve up the content?
- Who will design the new blog?
Once these questions were resolve, I was able to design and build the new blog in two short weeks by sourcing an external vendor for design and development. Once the design was ready, we sliced and diced the PSD into XHTML/CSS and integrated the code into a WordPress theme – complete with dynamic sidebar functionality and custom implementations of the social widgets.